Sea Getaway

It is unusual to have a short getaway on mid-february, but perhaps more unusual for me to crave so much of the outdoor world, specifically the sun, the waters and everything in between.


Perhaps this is an act of wanting to escape out of my solitary zone; a zone hidden away from the openness to relish upon new horizons. It seems to be a habitual upheaval for my whole family too, because after 16 years we're back to Anyer again. 

We hardly ever travel together since the end of my toddler years, and this trip, as the starting point, was a good idea. It was a golden opportunity for us to come together like how we usually do every week, only this time, surrounded by a refreshed ambience.

We stayed in a villa, and because hardly any guests were around, for three days it was as if we had the entire place to ourselves: The main house locating on the far back which gives a direct view of the sea with a few-stair down access to the beach, a large yard, a small pool beside the house, and the best of all, a direct sunset view plus a tiny view of the Krakatoa.


The sunset was hardly visible on day 1 because it was cloudy, but we had the most memorable moment on day 2. 

In the afternoon, we decided to play by the beach. It started from skinny dipping to eventually throwing ourselves to the salty waters. I had the time of my life shamelessly swinging my body back and forth and up and down, letting the tides push and pull me, while occasionally scanning through the wet sands for interesting-shaped corals. We all did actually, from my sister, my cousins, my aunts, my mom, my uncle, to even my grandma. We were all like a child between the whimsical arms of the sea. 

The sunset caught the moment and transformed the scenery in such breathtaking way. Right in front of us we witness the saturating colors; delicate streaks of orange and pink appeared underlaying the coming darkness. When the sun sunk deeper, we left the beach with our non beach-friendly outfits covered with sand, so we jump and cleanse ourselves in the pool. When I looked up, the stars were already shining brilliantly. Being here together in our joyous mess was a whole new experience. 

In the morning after waking up, we head straight to the beach and did it again.










Comments

  1. Such a lovely post �� the images are beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts