Friendships Worth Keeping As Young Adults.

Life becomes more difficult on this phase as we become more independent.

The quality and type of bondage with whoever is involved in our lives will be one of the powerful things to have our backs, as we focus more on how to survive our individuality in society.

These relationship may serve as our backbones, or the open-road we can return home to, again and again, when working on our individuality suffocates us to the point we forget we are not alone and on the long-run, will realize that sustaining these relationships are one of the truest things that keeps life rich and purposeful.

It's so important to find the right relationships. We want friendships that at the same time helps us grow.

1. Relationships that helps us see ourselves in the career/profession we've chosen.

By the rare brilliant teachers. I'm lucky enough to have these teachers, that is able to teach me both, on how to be an artist and how to see myself in my role as an artist. It picks me back up and keeps me going when I face studying problems or career problems that slowly kills my passion.

2. Relationships that encourages us to be committed lovers.

These days, life stiffens us easily. And it might be that the least developed trait of ours is our ability to love. We can get so lost in whatever we're working on, we began to forget ourselves and others, forgetting in a way the strong grip weakens. These relationships releases that tender side again. 

Having a sister I have to look after is a great example, because my responsibility towards her is just like exercising my act of love.

3. relationships that reminds us we are Divine beings. 

It's sad how we can easily forget this. It's easy to get so caught up in this materialistic world, it's so easy to forget that we are a part of something Bigger.

4. Relationships where we can revive our teenage selves in.

Your high school friends and anyone that embodies one. They're gold. These are the people who you can shake your formality off.

5. Relationships that develops a new side of us.

I gurantee everyone should have all the listed relationship types in their lives already. To identify them so specifically, we need to look deeper in these bondages we create, or maybe, had been holding on to for years and see if it contains one of them, and most importantly, look at ourselves, and see if it had comforted and grown us over the course of time or not.


CAUSE: Growing up, my desire to develop myself in every aspect of life becomes my ultimate priority, and so, with the help of distance, I find myself subconsciously letting go of certain people that don't serve it. 

EFFECT: I began to see which friendships are worth keeping in terms of helping me grow as a person. 

To let go of a friendship for this reason is not a selfish act. In fact, it's destructing for yourself and the others to hold on to a relationship half-heartedly. 



Comments

Popular Posts