How Going #CleanBeauty Changed Me - Self+Spiritual Side

Synthetics could work better like how it was designed to, but natural-derived substances top them off by containing a 'life-force' no man-made chemicals can ever duplicate.

Despite my passion for natural products, I agree with the saying that 'natural' doesn't always mean 'good' and 'synthetics' doesn't always mean 'bad'. I switched the word 'chemicals'the thing most people always mistakenly deem to be the culprit of dirty beautyinto the proper definition which is 'synthetics', because we often forget the basics of chemistry that taught us everything is a chemical, just as water is a chemical compound of oxygen and two hydrogen atoms (H2O). Synthetics could work better like how it was designed to, but natural-derived substances top them off by containing a 'life-force' no man-made chemicals can ever duplicate. As they are consumed, they are able to subconsciously interact and work through places of our every dimension no synthetics could ever reach 'deep' enough. To follow up this slight spiritual talk: Reminisce the rejuvenating feeling after drinking an organic plant-based power smoothie after a stressful day over eating a bag of potato chips.

To me, the synergy between natural-derived substances and my body is an act of 'compounding' back to the original workings of mother nature which actually differs in many factors compared to the workings of synthetics. Throughout the process, these are what I've learned and re-learned:


1. To listen to my body, like I would listen to the wise teachings of an old man, though not similar in age, but similar to the fact it possesses tons of knowledge I never knew. Do you realize that no man had ever known about the skeletal, muscular, immune, reproductive, nervous and all the other systems of our body before carefully examining its work, even though we own every organ and each system occurs frequently in us? So the more I connect with my body, the more I'll understand its language, hence I'll be able to know better what it truly needs.

2. Simplicity. Never underestimate the power of one, for one holds its own unique and amazing benefits. Example, we know what coconut oil or shea butter themselves are capable of. A product made by fewer ingredients allows each component to work efficiently. Plus, a proper harmony of a few ingredients is way better than a dissonant clutter. It's all about team work, not the more, the better.

3. Patience. Everything is about growth, there is no instancy in the law of nature's workings. Rather than estimating the days when my stubborn acne will completely pop out of existence, I should just focus on cleaning my face, feeding it with the serum it needs, stress less and enjoy the process of it all. The value of a result is measured by the magnitude of journey that took it there.

4. Celebrate authenticity. This must be one of the most profound thing I've learnt. A garden might be poured by the same amount of water and the same intensity of sunlight, but its every flower will always bloom in different forms. What the results natural products will give is not to look like her, or her, but me. It won't lighten my skin color, but it will illuminate the beige complexion. It won't give me flawless hair 24/7, but it will nourish each stand of curls to bounce with the wind freely. It will 'revert' me back to the best version of myself again.

5. Compassion. It embodies the "beauty without damaging" belief, which means achieving beauty without harming anyone or anything, or at least achieving beauty that gives out more benefits than harm, to both the beholder and the influenced. Most conventional cosmetics go through an animal testing before they are 'birthed' to the market, and becomes a toxic waste to the environment after their 'death' to the sink hole, or trash can. Save natural-derived cosmetics are able to be tested without using animals and since they were once a part of the environment, their expiration means returning home.

6. Commitment. To achieve a maximal and long-term result takes patience and a dedicated holistic work, with external help too such as clean eating and positivity. Yes, it can be overwhelming from time to time, but it will be rewarding because one thing nature promises: it doesn't give half results.

As you can see, I allow natural products to live with me, not just on me. Like I mentioned earlier, this synergy is an act of 'compounding' back to the original workings of mother nature, meaning back to my innate.


Comments

Popular Posts